Development – Progress – Fidelity
It was in 1912 that Joseph Bruchez first entered his cellar into the Canton Valais Commercial Register. After emigrating from his native Val de Bagnes, Joseph decided to market the vines he was growing, looking after those of the priory of Lens at the same time. He founded his cellar in Vaas, a little winemaking hamlet in the municipality of Lens.
His son Henri took on the family business in 1945 and continued to develop it until finally transforming it into a public limited company in 1963. A year later, on the strength of his company’s burgeoning success and growing renown, Henri built an annex that allowed him to increase his cellaring capacity.
In 1979, his son-in-law Guy Rey was named as manager of Vins Bruchez SA. Guy is completely at home with even the most modern technology, and has made significant improvements to the wine production process, all the while respecting cherished family traditions. His son Sébastien Rey joined the business in 2005, after studying oenology at the Haute école de Changins for two years.